Supporting people to become more involved, connected and active in their communities
From left to right the Locality Link Officers are: Wendy Bains (Kingswinford, Amblecote and Brierley Hill), Terry Gee (Dudley and Netherton), Nick Tromans (Stourbridge, Wollescote and Lye), Jason Griffiths (Sedgley, Coseley and Gornal), Sue Bloomer (Halesowen and Quarry Bank).
Our five new Voluntary Sector Locality Link Officers, as part of the integrated care agenda being implemented in Dudley borough by Dudley Clinical Commissioning Group and the Directorate of Adults, Communities and Housing Services will deliver an innovative and exciting approach that will:
- Enable people to become less reliant on medical services
- Reduce pressure on medical practices and services, and
- Encourage and support people to get involved and participate in voluntary and community led activities and services, and
Voluntary Sector Locality Link Officers will:
- Take patient referrals from GPs and other health clinicians
- Support patients to take a more active role in their own health and wellbeing by connecting them with a range of voluntary and community sector activities and services
- Attend locality multi-disciplinary team meetings to work alongside GPs and other health clinicians , working collaboratively to broker solutions for patients
- Showcase the diverse range of voluntary sector services available to health and social care clinicians
- Enhance active participation of the voluntary and community sector in integrated care across Dudley borough
Where are we at with Integrated Care in Dudley borough?
Dudley CVS is hosting a voluntary sector integrated care event on Tuesday 11th November, 9:30am – 2:45pm. The event will bring together voluntary and community organisations to update them on integrated care services and enable the sector to shape an offer of support from Dudley CVS to help them collaborate and demonstrate their quality and impact.
You can book a place on Eventbrite or by contacting Kate Green or Dale Pickin on 01384 573381. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
One thought on “Meet our new team of Voluntary Sector Locality Link Officers”
Reblogged this on Volunteering Counts.