It’s a busy and exciting time here at Dudley CVS as we’re gearing up for our AGM and Volunteer Awards, which will be held on Thursday evening. Within all this preparation and planning, we’ve been working on a new style of annual report that celebrates what we’ve been doing to support our sector and the wonderful people within it and we’re so happy to share it now.
We’ve tried to make the annual report a colourful tour of some of the people and organisations we’ve supported across the Dudley borough, using infographics to share our work, stories and achievements. It categorises our work into 5 colour-coded themes; it’s been a year of:
- championing positive social change – supporting people and communities to make positive change to their lives and to the lives of others;
- pioneering innovation and transformation – researching new ideas, inspiring communities; encouraging the use of new media and supporting new initiatives that address some of the most pressing social and economic challenges of today;
- connecting and developing resilient organisations and individuals – supporting voluntary and community organisations, charities, social enterprises and their leaders to become strong, skilled and efficient;
- leading, networking and collaborating – supporting joint-working across the sector and with other sectors and communities;
- creating conditions for influence – bringing communities and sector organisations together with decision-makers to ensure that the sector and the most marginalised in our communities have a voice.
You can take a look at the document by clicking below, post your comments and thoughts about it or download the whole document. We really hope you like it.
Finally, be sure to join us on social media for our AGM and Volunteer Awards. On Twitter, we’re using the hashtag #dva14 and will be primarily tweeting from @DudleyCVS and @DudleyVols. There will be updates on Dudley CVS’s Facebook page and the Volunteer Centre Facebook page. You can find out more about the awards element of the night by paying a visit to the Dudley Volunteer Awards 2014 blog. We’d love to see you joining in the celebrations.