Small Charity Week (15th-20th June) celebrates and raises awareness of the essential work of small charities (defined as charities and CICs that have an annual turnover under £1.5million).
This year, we’re joining in with the celebrations and running special activities and workshops across the week including:
- Monday 15th June – joining the #ILoveSmallCharities celebrations on Twitter and Facebook by visiting and promoting the work of some of our fabulous local charities. Why don’t you join in on Twitter or Facebook by posting a photo of yourself holding a poster showing why you love your small charity? You could get your members and supporters to join in too! You could win your charity a £200 donation in the process. for more information click here.
- Tuesday 16th June is Big Advice Day
- 10am-12noon – we’ll be helping out at Halesowen’s first ever social media surgery, with our friends Halas Homes. For more information, visit the Halesowen Social Media Surgery page
- 1pm-5pm – pop into our office in Brierley Hill to get guidance on any topic to do with running a charity. We can cover topics such as:– setting up
– legal structures and compliance
– asset transfer and development
– promotion and marketingAnd if you can’t make it, we’ll be monitoring our Twitter, Facebook and this here blog so that you can questions virtually.
- Wednesday 17th June – Lorna will be contributing to the Policy and Influence day by sharing our hints and tips on influencing decision-makers on right here and sharing these on Twitter (@dosticen).
- Thursday 18th June – Eileen will be supporting Volunteering Day by sharing our top tips for involving and supporting volunteers. Come and drop into our office from 2pm for some guidance. But if you can’t make it, you can ask any volunteering questions on Twitter (@dudleyvols), Facebook (facebook.com/dudley.volunteer.centre), here or on the Dudley CVS Volunteer Centre blog.
- Friday 19th June – we’ll be joining Fundraising Day by offering virtual support on fundraising in Dudley, including how to run a successful crowdfunding campaign. Join us on Twitter (@dudleycvs / @dosticen) and here to get hints, ask questions and share ideas.
If you want to join the celebrations, why not let us know what you’ll be doing and register your events on the Small Charity Week website?